New World is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game by Amazon Game Studios. Fate has summoned you to the shores of Aeternum, the Eternal Isle. Overcome the brutal legions of The Corrupted and draw battle lines with competing players in this land of danger and opportunity. In a land hell-bent on your destruction, what will you do to survive? Strike out alone to forge your own heroic path, or band together, fortify, and fight.
Role: Game Designer (AI)
- Designed and implemented core gameplay for the boss Greundgul the Regent in the Shattered Obelisk expedition.
- Design responsibilities focused on AI characters and encounters.
Crucible is a team-based action shooter driven by the choices you make. Pick a hunter and join a match: you’ll need to coordinate with your teammates, take advantage of new upgrades as you level up, and adapt to ever-changing battle conditions to emerge victorious.
Role: Game Designer
- Design AI creatures and implement them into the game using Lumberyard and custom state machines.
- Design events and content for unique game modes so the various characters can help their team in multiple ways.
- Arrange world interactables for engaging gameplay moments in the map.
Training Mode: Heart of the Hives: To improve our First Time User Experience (FTUE) during beta, I designed a training mode that included many major steps so players could understand the basics for how they can be helpful in a team match. This walkthrough also shows the beginnings of our bot feature; I also designed AI so I made these bots target the boss when appropriate (and not each other or the player) and an enemy bot to intentionally miss hitting the player 90% of the time.
Stompers: Showcasing the behavior of stompers and a healer stomper during PvE combat.
Lurkers: Showcasing the behavior of lurkers guarding an amplifier in their camp during PvE combat.
Spitters: Showcasing the spitters in a decorated environment that the player can make use of to prevent being hit by the spitter’s projectile.